Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary tour is giving an opportunity for tourist to get closed and interact with the biggest mammals on the land in best ethical practice. Situated in Kuala Gandah Pahang state about 1.5 hours driving from Kuala Lumpur, the primary objective of the sanctuary is to taking care of the orphanage and injury wild Elephants. The responsibility was also covering to translocate a wild Elephants from their natural habitat to Malaysia National Park. Its happen due to rapid development for the plantation industry, commercial and housing. The main reason the sanctuary open to the public is to educate people about the threat facing by Malaysia Elephant.
Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Tour Main Feature
- Cheaper Than Tour Operator
- Managed Tour
- Cheaper Than Viator & Hotel
- Flexible Itinerary
- FREE Wifi
- Credit Card Accepted
Managed Tour: Bathing with Elephant required tourist to engaged nature guide. I will assist my passenger reserved the nature guide and book bathing spot.
Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Tour Itinerary
All the activity in the conservation is part of daily training and exercise for Elephants. To avoid stress to the Elephant, the program only available once a day from 1.00pm to 3.30pm. Plan yourself to come just in time. Too early nothing to see and do there if too late you will miss part of the activity.
The first activity during Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary tour is video show. After Video show tourist will more understand about the primary function of National Elephant Conservation Centre. The 30 minutes Video presentation show how translocation of wild Elephant to Taman Negara. The process looked cruel but that the only way to save them.
– Weekdays video show available at 1.00pm and 1.30pm.
– Weekend video show available at 12.30pm, 1.00pm and 1.30pm
Feeding Juvenile Elephant
The informative demonstration by trained Elephants only start at 2.15pm. Tourist can take this opportunity feeding few Juvenile and Adult Elephants that not involved in the presentation. Elephants food such as Peanut and Sugarcane available at the Sanctuary. Feeding the Elephant can simulated love and trust of Elephant to Human. No outside food allowed.
Clean The Elephant
Elephants love water to socialize and cooling their body. Before the demonstration, Elephants must be clean by Mahout. The cleaning process will create the trust and bonding relationship between the Mahout and the Elephants.
2. Skill Demonstration
Elephants will show some of the skill such as standing with two legs, pulling a chain and lie down. The ability is useful during medical checkup and translocation process.
Feeding Adult Elephants
After the demonstration, tourist will give an opportunity to feed and photo-shoot with trained Adult Elephants as the reward for them.
Bathing with Baby Elephant
The main highlight of Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary tour is bathing with Baby Elephant. The bathing activity only limited to 80 people per-day. It’s essential to get an experience Taxi driver to manage your trip to Elephant Sanctuary.
** Subject to River water level and final words from Sanctuary Management.
Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Tour Tips
- Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary opens thru out the year except during Eid Fitri and Eid Adha. Although it’s closed for a few days, tourist also needs to take consideration eating places might close for the whole weeks. The best option does the tour one week after the Eid Fitri and Eid Adha.
- Year 2019 Eid Fitri – 4th and 5th June.
- Year 2018 Eid Adha – 11th and 12th August.
- Entrance is FREE but charges applies for bathing with Elephants as below. Tourist need to engaged nature guide during bathing with Elephant.
- Nature Guide Fees: RM50.00
- Bathing with Elephants: RM10 per-person
- Total entrance for 2 Adult will be RM70.
- Cash only accepted
Things To Bring:
- Malaysia currency cash
- Cloth for Bathing with Elephants
- NO Bikini
- Mosquito Repellent
- Sun Screen Lotion
- Bag to keep your belonging
Best Time To Visit Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary
- Monday – Tuesday: Best day to go. Less crowded
- Friday: The activity start late around 2.45pm
- Weekend and Public Holiday: Too crowded with local tourist
Best Time to Start The Tour
Although the travel time to Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary took about 1.5 hours, other factors list below needs to put as consideration. Please discuss with me your tour plan.
- Traffic in the city
- Lunch for tourist
- Additional stop to Batu Caves or Kuala Gandah Deerland
Recommendation Pickup Time:
- With Batu Caves and Deerland: 0900am
- Elephant Sanctuary only without en-route : 10.30am
Facility in Elephant Sanctuary:
- Changing Room
- Praying Room
- Local Restaurant – Only serving local food such as Fried Rice served with Fried Chicken
Fast food restaurant such as McDonald and KFC available on the highway.
Besides Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary tour, tourist also can visit others attraction such as
1. Visiting Batu Caves and
2. Visiting Kuala Gandah Deerlands
Productive trip save time and money.
Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Taxi Information:
- Taxi Type: Toyota Innova SUV
- Seating Capacity: 5 person without luggage/ 4 person with luggage
- FREE WiFi: Yes
- Air Conditional: Yes
- Seat Belt: Yes
- Baby Seat: NO
- Pickup Area: All Hotel and residential in Kuala Lumpur City and surrounding area
- Drop Off: Same as pick up point.
- Pickup Time Weekdays: TBA
- Pickup Time Weekend/School Holiday/Public Holiday: TBA
- Best Day To Go: Monday to Thursday
- Payment Method: Cash or Credit Card Master and Visa Card only
- Payment by Credit Card will be process before commencing the service
- Fare NOT inclusive entrance and meals
- Email: email@example.com
- Whatsapps/Viber Message only: +60192330896 or
Besides Malaysia Elephant Sanctuary Tour, I also providing