Cameron Highlands day trip from Kuala Lumpur will bring tourist to the coolest and refreshing highlands station in Malaysia. Found by William Cameron in 1885 by accident while conducting research and mapping expeditions with a local guide called Kulup Riau in the Titiwangsa range. The primary purpose of the research is to look for areas for plantation as the number of residents in Kuala Lumpur increases by the influx of immigrants from China and India. Situated within 1300 to 1500 meter from sea level, Cameron Highlands provided mild climax suitable for vegetation such as Tea and Strawberry.
- Cameron Highlands Day Trip Main Feature
- Cameron Highlands One Day Trip Itinerary
- Things To Bring
- Things We Not Able To Do
- One Day Trip Cameron Highlands Taxi Information
- One Day Trip Cameron Highlands Q&A
- How Many Days in Cameron Highlands?
- How long travel time to Cameron Highlands?
- What makes your service different than other Taxi Driver?
- When the best time to go?
- What time we back to Kuala Lumpur?
- Why do we start at 0730am?
- Why we start the tour at 0500am on weekends?
- Can you drop us at the Airport after the tour?
- How much Cameron Highlands day tour prices?
- Can you drop us at the Cameron Highlands after the tour?
- Can we start the tour from Cameron Highlands and drop us in Kuala Lumpur or Kuala Lumpur International Airport?
- Cameron Highlands Day Trip Alternative
Cameron Highlands Day Trip Main Feature
- Free Commentary
- Free WiFi
- Credit Card Accepted
- Comfortable Taxi – Toyota Innova SUV
- Cheaper Than Viator
- Better Prices Than Hotel
Cameron Highlands One Day Trip Itinerary
Pickup and Meeting Point
- Weekdays: 0730am
- Weekend/Public Holiday and School Holiday: 0500am
- Meeting Point: Hotel main entrance
Special Notes for Tour on Weekend and Public Holiday
Sungai Palas BOH Tea Plantation and Factory
BOH has three plantations and factory in Cameron Highlands. All three Tea estate situated in a separate location known as Fairie, Habu and Sungai Palas Tea. Due to traffic congested on the weekend, most of the Taxi driver or tour agency from Kuala Lumpur bring their passenger to Habu BOH Tea Plantation. Habu BOH Tea Plantation situated at a lower part of Cameron Highlands the scenery not as good as Sungai Palas BOH Tea. I will make sure my passenger will visit Sungai Palas BOH Tea Plantation.
Why Sungai Palas Tea Estate so important?
- First, the view in Sungai Palas is more beautiful compared to the others two plantations.
- Second, the Tea factory in Sungai Palas still using the old machine since the plant opened in 1935. Tea processed in here is much accessible to understandable compared to others factory.
Bharat Tea Plantation
The first Tea plantation we visit during one day trip Cameron Highlands is Bharat Tea Plantation. Shuparshad Bansal Agarwal established it in 1933. He was born in Uttar Pradesh, North India. In the beginning, the Tea produced by Bharat group its sold in bulk to other Tea company. In 1994, Bharat group decided to enter Tea consumer market using a brand Cameron Valley Tea. Bharat Tea not providing any Tea factory tour. We stop here for photoshoot and toilet stop only.
Established by Mr. Tan in 1989, Butterflies Garden belongs to Tan family is the biggest in Cameron Highlands. Besides butterflies tourist also had an opportunity to see others insects such as Stick Insect, Leaf insect, Scorpions and reptile.
Entrance: Adult RM7 /Child: RM4.00
Pick Your Own Strawberry
Cameron Highlands also well knew the main supplier Strawberry in Malaysia. Low temperatures of 10 to 25 degrees Celsius, with a height of more than 1500 meters make the place suitable for the cultivation of strawberries. The farmers using greenhouse and hydroponic system method to produce Strawberry.
Entrance: RM30 for half kilo
At the moment I can not bring my passengers to visit Mossy Forest and Berinchang Mountain because of the bad road condition. Perforated roads can cause severe damage to my taxi. Any damage will cause us to stranded Cameron Highlands.
My Cameron Highlands day trip itinerary is also covering Mossy Forest. No many Taxi driver and tour operator willing to bring their customer to here. Mossy forest situated about 2000 meter from sea level. The best place to enjoy fresh and crisp air produce by Titiwangsa mountain. Enjoy original sounds from the jungle and birds.
Visiting Mossy Forest, it’s not a jungle trekking. To go there, we have to use the road that not well maintains with lots of potholes. For safety reason will not be able to go there during severe weather/ thunder storm.
Established by Mr. Kok to show his lifetime collection, Time tunnel the best place for tourist to learn about Cameron Highlands and Malaysia history. Currently, Time Tunnel have about 3000 old item from Photo, Toys, Vinyl and Kitchen Tools.
Entrance: Adult RM 7 / Child RM5.
Cameron Highlands day trip allows the tourist to get know with Malaysia indigenous people. In Malaysia, Orang Asli or indigenous peoples are peoples with unique languages, knowledge systems, and beliefs. Peninsula Malaysia has about 18 sub-ethnic aboriginal people. Indigenous people has its language, culture and perceives itself as different from the others. They are the earlier population migrated from China and Tibet about 5000 years ago.
Tips RM10 for blowpipe demonstration.
Lata Iskandar Water Falls
Waterfall Lata Iskandar is famous for its clear water. It is a trendy place for picnics among local tourists. In the fruit season, Waterfall Lata Iskandar is a place for local traders to sell local their organic fruits such as Durian, Manggis and Rambutan.
End of Cameron Highlands day trip from Kuala Lumpur Itinerary
Things To Bring
- Jacket or Sweater
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Travel document such as Passport, Identity Card and Visa
Things We Not Able To Do
- Jungle Trekking
- Visiting Berinchang Mountain and Mossy Forest – all access to Berinchang mountain has been closed for restoration.
One Day Trip Cameron Highlands Taxi Information
- Taxi Type: Toyota Innova as above
- FREE WiFi Service
- Seat Beat
- Seating Capacity: 5 people without luggage
- Air Conditioned
- Baby Seat: NO
- Part of the journey using winding road crossing rain forest without mobile phone coverage. The tour might not suitable for Children, people having medical problem and those having altitude sickness.
- On the weekend, the booking will automatically cancel if passenger late for pickup. The reason we have to start early to prevent we stuck in massive congestion. High possibility we not able to complete the tour. Read the comment below. The tourist stuck for 14 hours in traffic jammed.
One Day Trip Cameron Highlands Q&A
How Many Days in Cameron Highlands?
If you are doing the tour with an experience Taxi driver, you should able to complete visiting all major attraction in one day. Besides one day trip to Cameron Highlands tourist I also provide a Taxi for 2days 1night Cameron Highlands tour.
How long travel time to Cameron Highlands?
If we continue driving without stop, we should able to reach Tanah Rata Cameron Highlands in 3 hours. During weekdays we will stop at Lata Iskandar waterfalls and Indigenous Village. On weekends, travel time will be 3.5 hours because we will visit BOH Tea Plantation in Sungai Palas first.
What makes your service different than other Taxi Driver?
I am offering competitive prices for tourist looking for quality and reliable Taxi service. I also will explain the process of making Tea and Cameron Highlands history.
When the best time to go?
Cameron Highlands is a top-rated tourist destination among the local tourist. It will be too crowded with locals on the weekend. I prefer we visit Cameron Highlands on weekdays for the better tour experience.
What time we back to Kuala Lumpur?
Around 7.30pm, it depends on your progress and punctuality.
Why do we start at 0730am?
The main reason to prevent we stuck in massive rush-hour congestion in the Kuala Lumpur city. Some of the Hotel situated in well known for traffic congestion.
Why we start the tour at 0500am on weekends?
To prevent we stuck in the traffic congestion in Cameron Highlands. The congestion so bad until we are not able to complete the tour. As what you can see in the review below, tourist stuck for 13 hours and only able to visit three place.
Can you drop us at the Airport after the tour?
Yes, I can do that.
How much Cameron Highlands day tour prices?
Besides Taxi fare, other activity such as visiting Butterflies Garden cost RM7 per-person, Time Tunnel Museum RM7 per-person, lunch around RM15 to RM20 depending type of food you are eating.
Can you drop us at the Cameron Highlands after the tour?
Yes, I can drop you in Cameron Highlands if you are planning to continue your tour to Penang or Langkawi Island.
Can we start the tour from Cameron Highlands and drop us in Kuala Lumpur or Kuala Lumpur International Airport?
Yes, I can do that. For Airport drop off after the tour additional fare RM80 applies